A thought


“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”


I don't know who said this line but here sitting in my company cafeteria, i am thinking of it and asking few questions to myself.Now, its been three days, i am in Delhi. I can think of a very safe and secure career for me like here every one else does.Whether you ask for it or not, in IT industry people do give same advise every where, "Work hard for first 3-4 years of your career", but what after that..?? I guess we'll be very much used to of doing the same.

When I think of my future, i don't see that i can make much changes in my life now. Working for nine hours a day, going back to room or may be to home, washing clothes on one weekend, going out on another. I can forecast my self paying EMIs for car or may be for house or may be for both but that too not of my choice.I don't want my life to be spent around handling bank statements, thinking about next job switch and applying appraisals. I don't want to address my  home as 127.0.0.1 after few years. I don't want to include my self among those software engineers who kick hardware when a software stops working. I don't want to pack my life inside a  tar,war or jar file.

We have been taught to work for better future but no one was there to tell that when that future is going to turn into present. Work hard in schools to get into a good college. Work hard in college to get into a good company. Work hard in company to get what..??  and about the work, the work i do in my company, i could have easily doing the same after my schools with a training of two months or may be three and believe me, If Java had true garbage collection, my project would have been deleted by itself upon the very first execution.

Where ever i will go, here i have to walk on a way built by someone else and that person won't care if your code works on your machine but not on his.I don't find my cubical wider enough and I don't want to sing this song my all life.

   "99 little bugs in the code,
   99 little bugs in the code,
   fix one bug, compile it again,
   101 little bugs in the code.
   101 little bugs in the code...."

3 comments

Nice work, Mr. CEO....

I appreciate your thought process.
I don't understand one thing...

How can you think different when everybody is thinking the same.

I am bookmarking your blog, keep blogging and I am waiting for your next big thrash to IT engineers.

Reply

As you said in ur first line..living once is enough if you live it right..i agree ,but most people remain confused their whole lyf ,whts the right thing to do,some of them decide to take the most chosen path by others and some dare to follow their dreams..they dare to do the undone,the unexpected dats how they start living a lyf that no one thought they could...and thats how my friend you should think..you should take the road not taken by others,there may be hurdles,there may be unfavourble things in that road by it will take you to your final destiny which i guess is very much different from the usual one. and One day you will work for yourself not for sm1 else who dont care your codes works on your machine and not on his.:D
and den remember and sing this song.....
WOODS ARE LONELY ,DARK AND DEEP..
BUT I HAVE PROMISES TO KEEP
MILES TO GO BEFORE I SLEEP..
AND MILES TO GO BEFORE I SLEEP...:))
GOD BLESS..!!

Reply

Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it ...!!

Reply

Post a Comment